Stuff I Make My Kiddo 1

>> Thursday, April 15, 2010

Well Mark loves him a good mobile. He used to calm right down when we would wind that thing up. Unfortunately it has come to my attention that Mark was a little past the age limit for that mobile. It was probably the time he just grabbed the B Bear.
I decided that I should do something about it. I mean- I sell cranes on Etsy (or rather, don't sell them but list them on Etsy) so I should be able to make a mobile.

It was a little bit harder than I anticipated. Maybe because I just bought a bunch of stuff that looked good and had no plan.

Things I learned-
  1. I didn't get enough beads at first. I used them to go underneath each bird and hold it in place.
  2. Get a hook- next time I should go to the hardware store and buy one of those plant hooks and save myself a lot of screwing effort.
  3. Also adding the wooden ring interesting- it was harder to attach than I thought and took less ribbon to cover.
  4. Large cranes are more difficult to attach- I think you could pre-attach them before you are done folding them
  5. Pre measure distances. Our baby Mobile is a tiny bit crooked which I can fix later but was too lazy to do last night when I put it up.
Overall two days and five hours of television later- here is Mark's baby Crane Mobile.

2 comments:

Carlie April 15, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

Love! Please come design my life!

Rachelle Sharp June 18, 2010 at 6:35 AM  

Love it! I want a pink one for my room!

Post a Comment

Picture

Picture

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP